School Taught Me...

I can explain myself! Okay. I promised myself I wouldn't be too 'lecture-y' on this blog since I want it to be fun and exciting. Not dull and boring. I know some of us don't like the idea of school. Not really school itself.. But something in it. I'm posting this kind of post because school taught me something really important earlier that I've got to share with most people.


Firstly, when we had our TLE subject, we were talking about Managerial Skills. Who knew that it would also apply to us as students? Our teacher was like, rubbing in our faces, plenty of things we should know and understand as entrepreneurs.  And somehow, she was able to connect it to real life. She was saying that every day in our school life, we have to have a goal each day. Something that would motivate us to work and be active in some subjects. Something that would make us feel pumped that we're actually going to study. We need to find our purpose in each and every subject we get to encounter. We need not only to realize a new lesson but also, a lesson within a lesson. Such as this thing right now. We were talking about Managerial Skills but it lead us to a life lesson that we could apply in real life (let's just hope my other classmates WERE listening).

Secondly, and this totally and completely struck me so much that I truly couldn't take it.. We were discussing 'Florante at Laura' during our Filipino subject. I just finished my presentation, by the way! Hurray for me! I'm so happy. Though my presentation really hit myself in the face. It was about Florante's longing for Laura. Ms. Khamz was such an expert about these kind of things that I learned so much that I couldn't have absorbed it all since I got hurt in most of those discussed. Anyways, I was able to share a little bit of my own thoughts since Ms. Khamz asked us: "Ano ang maibibigay mo sa taong minamahal mo?" (What would you give to the person you love?). I answered by starting off with telling the story of "Suddenly, It's Magic" wherein Mario Maurer was a famous actor and Erich Gonzales was just a simple cupcake girl. Erich had to let go of Mario so that he could accomplish his work and never get distracted or he wouldn't hurt Erich in the end. As time went by, the two of them saw each other again and really loved each other still. And that's what I would give to the person I love. Personal space, time and my understanding.

Lastly, I shouldn't be procrastinating. What I do, I have to do right here and right now. If ever it must be accomplished the day before, I must do it calmly and accurately. Since one mistake that I might commit, I might be a repeater. Or worse.. Move to another school.

Comments

Popular Posts