My Huge Obsession with "My Giant Nerd Boyfriend"



FAN GIRL BLOG POST ALERT!

You have been warned.

I know I'm supposed to write a serious and professional (wow, since when have I made anything professional?) review on this new obsession that I have... But as stated on the blog post title itself... obsession... so it's definitely something that I just can't calm myself about (it's actually even surprising that I'm able to write a straight sentence about this. My inner fan girl might break free any... moment... now... Just you wait). Anyway, let me introduce the writer and illustrator of this Webtoon I discovered a few weeks ago...

Or better yet: I'll let her introduce herself right now! (via her Episode 1 on LINE WEBTOON... The credit goes to hers and hers alone... I'm sorry for taking it here without direct permission... Fishball won't respond on Messenger T3T)

Here she is:


Isn't Fishball just adorable??? She and her boyfriend are, actually. Throughout the entire web series namely, "My Giant Nerd Boyfriend", you get to see them in their different everyday scenarios. In the course of the webtoon (spoilers), you actually find out that it wasn't Fishball's original intention to share to the world what she kept drawing. It was only a personal log for her and her adventures with her boyfriend. It did capture a lot of wandering hearts though. She herself didn't even expect for her Webtoon to be such a hit. Don't we always have those kind of moments?

Anyway, It's definitely a feel-good slice of life Webtoon that, even though you don't have a relationship, you'd feel all giddy and excited just reading about them. You'd personally want to enter a relationship because of their fun experiences together. They seem like the type of couple that would end up each other for a long, long time... (and end up with about ten yorkies, as Fishball would have wanted) I ship them both in the comic and in real life!

I'm kind of suffering the consequences of finishing it while it's still ongoing though (but I don't mind it to be forever ongoing) because I finished 'til Episode 126, which is the last so far. Now, I have to wait every Monday (or until she goes back to her normal schedule which is MWF) for the next short strip.

Ehem... I told you guys this wouldn't be a review post but rather a fan girl post! Well, maybe because I have nothing to critique about it as much. I mean, if I were to critique her art style, it actually works wonders for me. I've been trying to find the similar art style for other comics, actually, but I haven't found one yet. It's most probably what makes MGNB stand out. Not only that but also Fishball's unique way of storytelling. She has a way of getting the people hooked into what she draws. It's as if you are experiencing the stories yourself. It's amazing what she does and I hope she continues to do it. It's been inspiring me to continue my writing and my lowkey illustrating as well.

Kudos to Fishball and may she have more episodes of MGNB to come!
I also encourage you guys to read her web series as well.
You guys will definitely laugh out loud and appreciate it!


P.S.
This turned out to be an appreciation post rather than a review post after all. Just saying.







Comments

Popular Posts