Future of the Present


I know that people aren't supposed to talk about the future unless it has already arrived but we just couldn't help it. We came across this topic--Judith, Pampi and I--while the rest of our classmates were watching "Insidious" to kill time until it was 3 PM.

We were talking about future life fulfillment and all the other things related to it. We were talking about what will happen to us in the next few years of our lives. We skipped thinking about college and already thought about what our lives would be in the near future. Pampi and I had the same idea (almost) envisioned in our future--becoming a well-known author. We were like, "Someday, I'll go to National Bookstore and I'll see my own name on a book. And someone will come and get the book and realize that I'm the one that wrote the book in the first place". Or we were like, "After ten years or so, we will have our reunion and they'll all remember us as writer wannabes but are now famous writers fulfilling their dreams of a lifetime." Pampi, however, also had a few other dreams that I did not want--to be a teacher in Saint James Academy. Yeah, sure. It would be fun. But I don't like the idea of it (so does Judith). It's like learning all over again what you want to unlearn in life. Judith, on the other hand, would want to own a restaurant (and someday, be like Gordon Ramsey). And we were like, "We'll be the first to eat there!" and all that.

In the end, we had a closing remarks (woah, was this a meeting?). And we decided to tell this to Ms. Zosimo. But when we went to the faculty, Ms. Zosimo told us that she was busy so we were not able to tell her. She just told us that she's just going to hear about our story tomorrow. And we respect that.

Comments

Popular Posts