African Literature (Advance Reading)

The whole day today, I studied. A lot.


As far as I've known, Africa is called 'The Dark Continent'. But based on my readings and understandings, Africa is not 'dark' at all. The country is a very sunny and vivid place wherein lots of animals stay. They even have a National Park where such animals roam around freely without being caged or so. On the contrary, the people/tourists who visit this kind of place are the ones who are being kept in a safe place/vehicle, such as a car or truck, from the animals being visited in the park. This is because they maintain the solemnity of the animals that are in their natural habitat.

Also, I've learned that Africa is a VERY RICH country. They have almost 98% of the diamond mines and 55% of the gold mines in the whole world. They produce two-thirds of the world's supply of cocoa and three-fifths of the world's supply of palm oil. They also have an immense reserve of water power. Archaeologists even believe that the first man on earth can be found in Africa since they realized and found a fossilized remain of a man that, when carbon dating tested, showed that the man roamed the African continent over two million years ago.

Okay, I'm being a total know-it-all right now. I'm so sorry. I just don't have enough to share that doesn't involve my studies right now. I'm just a little TOO focused. I'll do better next time, I promise.

Comments

Popular Posts