Life Goes On (01-24-2014)

(JANUARY 24, 2013)

The Philippines is one of the strongest countries in the world. One with the most determined and unstoppable Filipinos. Never have we given up without tossing up a fight. Every challenge is just a task for us to do to make us even more stronger.


"I don't care
What they're going to say.
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway"
-'Let It Go', Idina Menzel (Frozen)

I think I've already written on my previous post that I got totally hooked up with the song, 'Let It Go.' So now, I'm using it as the start of my essay/paragraph/blog post. Earlier this morning, it was our honors' convocation. And since today was the moment of our truth, I was completely not chillax-ed at all! I was shaking all throughout the morning ceremony (also because it was freezing cold) and I couldn't tell what my temperature was. Either I was getting hot because it was too cold or I was getting cold because it was not hot.

When we got to the St. James Function Hall, it was at least a thousand times colder than it was outside. So, it made me shiver to death even more. Such luck. And the air-conditioner was pointing exactly to me. So, I was freezing cold. I was frozen for all I cared. Good thing I was wearing a jacket. But the jacket was thin so it somehow gave very little help.

Later on, the program started and my heart was racing. My hand was so cold I could hardly move it. After announcing the conduct awardees of all levels, they were going to announce the honors of this quarter. First off was the honors in Grade 7. Then did I realize there that Rovic (my friend) went back to being 2nd honor and I was thinking, "Oh, no" (details later). Arali (also my friend) was also 2nd honor. And Rogelio (yes, you guessed it, also a friend) was first honor. When they were announcing the top, Rogelio was Top 9. If I was in his position, I would already be happy but sadly, he wanted to achieve so much more. And I assumed Rovic did the same since if he wasn't going to get a good grade, he'd be scolded by his parents.. Especially, his mother. When they went back to their seats, I saw Rogelio quietly crying in his seat. At that sight, my heart skipped a beat and I had this attempt to comfort him. Though I wasn't able to because my seat was very far from his.. I was also trying to find Rovic's seat to see if he was also crying but I couldn't find him.

Not so very long, they also announced the honors of Grade 8. Names were being called. Seats were getting emptied. As soon as they were going to announce the honors of St. Scholastica, my heart eventually stopped. They called Kateleen. And, they called me. I was 2nd honor. Had always been. At the thought of me being 2nd honor wanted me to strive more in my studies this fourth quarter. And as I have said earlier, I'm a Filipino. I am determined and I will never stop believing. I have God at my side and I will be the best I can be.

After school (and after we went to Guest House for Joanne's birthday -which will be on another post-), I went online and saw Rovic online as well. I congratulated him. And I also asked him some other unspecified things. He also told me that his mom got mad because he got low grades this quarter and I was trying to comfort him to not be sad and all. I also got to talk to Arali and I assumed she was happy according to the many smilies she threw in our chat box.

It just goes to show that Filipinos will always be happy at the end of every trial that we face. Whether big or small the trial it may be.

Comments

Popular Posts