Love Talk (Deluxe Post)

"Love is the key that opens the gates of happiness."

-Google (From my public speaking presentation)


Surprisingly, we held the first few of the presentations in Speech today. And I was one of the lucky people who presented today. We were going to do public speaking. First were the girls of the Narrative Public Speaking (?) Group. They told us the story of "Here Comes The Boom" and after were the boys in the group that had nothing to present. Next was the first two in our group (Informative Public Speaking) which were me and Pamela Pampilon. Pamela went first (since I told her to) and she discussed about Pompeii, which was an ancient Roman town-city near modern Naples in the Italian region of Campania.

After her presentation, I was up next. I started off by interacting with my audience and asking them, based on the picture in the given presentation, what they thought my presentation was about. And they all had the correct answer which was 'Love'. And after that, I showed them a short video taken from 'Hotel Transylvania' (which was my favorite part of the movie) wherein Dracula read the 118th gift her daughter, Mavis, received from her late mother. After which, I continued my discussion and stopped at the quotation: "Love is the key that opens the gates of happiness." because before I was about to discuss that, the COMELEC came out from nowhere and excused a little bit of our time to discuss about the upcoming elections.

After they have discussed about the elections, I took a step up and came back to where I left. The quote. They were all listening to me while I was discussing which was pretty much a big deal for me since I put up extra effort for the presentation (even though I didn't practice all that much when it comes to interacting with the whole class). Later on, I showed them the meaning of love according to the dictionary. And I flashed a picture on the PowerPoint Presentation which was an optical illusion. This was the image:


And I was about to tell them what this has to do with "How to know if it's love?" topic when Sir Nievera interrupted a bit and told me to ask them first what was in the image. Afterwards, I told them that if they see first the apple, it meant that either they were bitter, not in love or didn't care (I was going to say hungry but it slipped my mind). And if they see first the boy and the girl with the heart in the middle, it meant they were in love. But then I discussed even further on how to know if what you're feeling is love. So, I'm just going to skip all the other reasons and go to the very last that really struck them. It was: "Even though I didn't mention or say a name while I was saying those reasons, there was this one person that came into your mind while I was discussing it." And I ended it with a warning. The warning was: "DO NOT FALL IN LOVE". They asked, Why? Because.. Everything that falls gets broken. Which was actually almost the highlight of my presentation besides the many others since I put a picture of Taylor Swift on that slide since she was the one who said it.

And after I have discussed all of that, they all applauded and I was so happy that it was over and the fact that I didn't use any Tagalog word at all during the actual presentation. That was what I was actually worried about. Good thing it went perfectly smooth. I don't know how I did it but I did it! And when I went back to my seat, people were like talking to me and telling me that they got struck by my presentation. Especially the last reason on how to know if it's love. I was so proud that I even made this blog post!

Comments

Popular Posts