WICKED is completely WICKED!

 The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz 
A life-changing story.
You will never look at Oz the same way again.


I've got so much to say about this. No wonder I was so excited to watch it! It's completely MAGICAL, AMAZING, UNBELIEVABLE and UNFORGETTABLE! I don't know what else I could say. This was my first time to ever watch a musical play. And this is the first time I've ever been amazed and illusion-ized unlike any other normal day I've had in the 13 years existence of my life.

Last night, February 23 at exactly 7:30 PM, I was able to watch "Wicked" at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. But before that, let me tell you the story before that.

I woke up at 8:30 AM when I heard my mom telling my dad that it was too late for him to ride his bike. But then, I was too tired to get out of bed so I slept some more. I dream about something unusual that I couldn't remember. Later on, I woke up again at 10:30 AM. This time, I got out of bed and took my cell phone. I went online on Twitter and posted that today is the biggest day of my life! I was going to watch WICKED. Everything was colorful and rainbow-ish. No one could ruin my day. And no one DID ruin my day. It was the almost perfect day of my life. I took my shower at 2 PM and got dressed at 3 PM (because if I dressed up too soon, I might end up getting sweaty in my outfit). We leaved at 5 PM. We arrived at KFC, CCP at 6:30 PM. And we left to go to CCP at 7:00 PM, 30 minutes before the actual show. When we got there, many people were wearing pretty little dresses and amazing gowns. I felt a little out of place since I was just wearing denim jeans and a long-sleeve faded blue shirt. But I didn't care. I was in for the show and not for their criticism. We went inside the actual theater at 7:25 PM, after mom and I took pictures and bought souvenirs. 7:28 PM - The voice over told us to stand up for the National Anthem. And finally, at 7:30 PM, the show started.

  ACT I  

 No One Mourns the Wicked 
 Glinda and Citizens of Oz 

 Dear Old Shiz 
 Students 

 The Wizard and I 
 Madame Morrible, Elphaba 

 What is this Feeling? 
 Galinda, Elphaba and Students 

 Something Bad 
 Dr. Dillamond and Elphaba 

 Dancing through Life 
 Fiyero, Galinda, Boq, Nessarose, Elphaba and Students 

 Popular 
 Galinda 

 I'm Not That Girl 
 Elphaba 

 One Short Day 
 Elphaba, Glinda and Denizens of the Emerald City 

 A Sentimental Man 
 The Wizard 

 Defying Gravity 
 Elphaba, Glinda, Guards and Citizens of Oz 


After Act I, there was a 20-minute interval before Act II. So, I texted some people before the second set (as mom calls it). And later on, 9:20 PM, the show was back on. This time, I'm not going to place the musical numbers again to add suspense for the other people who haven't watched the actual musical play yet.

Overall, the ALMOST ending was worth crying over. But then, the ending made my heart melt. TRULY. The illusion was so amazing. I wonder how they did it? And how they planned it? For me to find out, I must read the book. Which I previously bought even before Wicked came to the Philippines. I loved it SO MUCH!!!!! I could brag about this forever, I swear. But, maybe you'd get tired of always reading about Wicked so I'm going to stop here.

Comments

Popular Posts