November 30 Precept



I finished reading a book, Wonder, just before I started reading The Beginning of Everything. Actually, when I first tried reading Wonder, I was so bored with it that I even asked myself why I bought it in the first place and why was it a New York Times' Bestseller. But then, months later, I got pumped and decided to reread it and give it another chance. And in that chance, I realized that the book wasn't boring after all. It even had a follow-up book namely, 365 Days of Wonder and an ebook, The Julian Chapter. Those two of which, I already have.

You could say that I've gone drawn to the book and that I got addicted to it as much as I got addicted to The Fault in our Stars and plenty other John Green books. It was just so heart-touching and unique that I just had grown completely attached to it.

Now, because of the book, I got inspired with following Mr. Browne's book of precepts (365 Days of Wonder) and I decided to post essays about every precept as responsibly as I can.

The one stated above, however, is one of those precepts in the book.

"Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting."

In the book, Wonder, the students in the book had to write an essay every time Mr. Browne wrote precepts on the board. And so, I'm planning to do the same. Now, I won't promise that I'll get to post every essay I'll write but I will most likely post SOME of it. The others, I think I'll just keep it to myself, if you guys don't mind.

Here I go...

"Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting."

One of the things I've realized in living this earth as of now is that the little things in life are what matters most. Because the little things make up for the big things that await us in the near future. I can't promise that I've never made a small thing in to something big because, let's face it, we all had.

Mine, one of which, was talking to a friend. Well, not really a friend. He wasn't my friend before. He was just someone that I had to hang out for the rest of the day because I did him a favor. It was just a small thing, you know, to talk to him and do a bit of goofing around with him. And in the end, I ended up doing a big thing after all. I became his friend. More than that, I became someone he trusted and someone that he knew he would count on with the things he could never tell anyone. I became his admirer, if you can call it like that. I mean, I like him. And he's done so much to me that he hasn't done to anyone else. I don't know if he's treating me like someone special but that's what I keep on feeling. And I can't help but notice it even though I try and ignore it most of the time.

So there. That's probably it. So yeah. The little things that you continuously do make up for the big things you want to happen in your life.

End of Essay.

I have to admit, that was a bit crappy. And a bit cheesy as well. It didn't sound like I was myself. But oh, I wrote it. It couldn't possibly be someone else. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts