MOVIE REVIEW: "You're My Boss"


April 5, 2015, Sunday--Matapos ang Holy Week ay pumunta kami sa SM San Lazaro para manuod ng movie dahil sinabi ng parents ko, gusto nilang manuod ng You're My Boss.

At first, medyo nag-alinlang ako. I asked myself a lot of questions... Maganda ba talaga 'tong movie na 'to? or Would this be worth it? or even, Hindi kaya mas maganda na lang kung Spongebob Squarepants 3D Movie o Fast and Furious 7 ang panuorin namin? Pero nung pinanuod na namin, I wasn't disappointed. The movie may seem simple and typical but the movie can capture the heart of a normal lover. Hindi siya yung tipong OA na katulad ng ibang mga love stories nowadays kasi sobrang simple lang niya na because of that simplicity, nakukuha ng movie na ito ang panlasa ng masa.

See You're My Boss trailer here:



The movie simply shows how a typical Filipino loves. And how Filipinos would reach for their dreams no matter what the consequence is. And it shows how Filipinos show love for their family and their country.



It is truly one of Ms. Antoinette Jadaone's work of art. Besides That Thing Called Tadhana--na nagpakita kung paano humarap ang isang typical na Pinoy sa isang sawing pag-ibig or breakup--comes You're My Boss that shows the public how every one of us can love and can be loved no matter who or what the circumstance may be in its simplest form possible.

Behind the movie's story line, the movie also made its way to the hearts of the people because of the beautiful scenery of Batanes. Despite the story, you will also see what beautiful the country the Philippines is behind the running flow of the story.

I can also say na nagmarka sa mga magulang ko rin ang idea na someday, pumunta kami ng Batanes because it just seems so amazing especially on how they let the people view it in the movie.

After knowing how Sagada in Baguio can help you move on with your past love in That Thing Called Tadhana, you will then come to realize how You're My Boss has shown a place where you can make a fresh start. A place where you can truly find yourself a midst the paradise that is Batanes.

All in all, the movie was a memorable one. It made me want to go to Batanes. It made me want to write another story inspired by this movie. And I have this sudden urge to search for a novelization of this fine movie so that I can read it over and over and over again.

TAKE ONE presents: "You're My Boss" video here:


You're My Boss now showing in cinemas nationwide! Run to your nearest cinema house right now! You know you want to. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts