Pasta Saturday


I just survived three weeks (almost one month) of school. I deserve Pasta Saturday as much as anybody else. I'm not saying I'm special or anything of the sort. I just worked very hard these past weeks and I truly believe that I deserve a break. And what better way to celebrate the non-stabbing of someone else with a fork for the month of June than to have Pasta Saturday?

Pasta Saturday is not just about eating pasta. It's knowing you deserve to eat that pasta because you didn't just lie in bed all day and stick around just as the party is about to start. Pasta Saturday is about feeling achieved and knowing you've done a good job at some points in your life. Pasta Saturday is about being hopeful. And hopeful as we are, we are still human... Able to let out our frustrations through eating.

This month of June, I have been in constant battle with myself and what to do with me. I have been tasked to be the president of our class. I have no leadership skills whatsoever. I feel like I'm losing my edge in every subject I used to be good at. I'm tearing myself apart, slowly. And I don't know. I just... I even cried. In school. Before class. And it's the first time. Maybe I'm in my pre-midlife crisis. I just don't know.

But maybe that's just how it is. We get our own ups and downs.

At least now, June is over. July is starting. My birth month. Don't fail me now, July. We've got our whole year ahead of us. And I'm already stressed as hell. Good thing there were some points to this day that I don't feel sad about at all. Especially because... It's Pasta Day!


"Better than yesterday" points:

#1: Literal Pasta Saturday


#2: Will Grayson, Will Grayson

June was a month wherein I never dared to touch any other book except textbooks for learning. So now, I'm freely able to try and finish Will Grayson, Will Grayson which I have stopped reading for a while. The last time I held this book was I think during the summer before we left Korea or somewhere after that. And for me, that has been metaphorically a lifetime. So now, I'm here to return to my bibliophile self and try and finish it. (the story line is going humorously amazing, by the way)


#3: Robyn Schneider

Yes. While I am eagerly tempted to finish Will Grayson, Will Grayson, some part of me just can't help but buy another book to pile on my Reading List. Ever since the first cover of The Beginning of Everything or formerly, Severed Heads and Broken Hearts, Robyn Schneider has never ceased to amaze me. And here she is, yet again, with another extraordinary book, Extraordinary Means. I just couldn't help myself. The moment I held it with my bare hands while we were in the National Book Store, I knew it was time for me to buy another book after centuries that I've kept my money safe from any spending in my secret place (I'll NEVER tell). I even slipped the opportunity to come to Rampage 2015 because I literally had to stop myself from spending another penny for something like a book. Though I'm not saying it's not worth it. It is.


#4: Mirror Shot :)

It's not because I look stunning or anything (because I was literally NOT) but because the angle just looked so cool and so perfect that it had to be a good mirror shot. I'm not much of a mirror shot fanatic so this is one goal I have crossed from my list.


#5: THANK YOU, CANDY MAGAZINE

I have to admit, this has been the highlight of my Saturday. It's like a special birthday gift given to me by Candy Mag July Issue. I just cannot contain my feels. I am lost for words for this "Better than yesterday" point. I just... Thank you, Candy Mag. :)

End of Post "Thought":
Pasta Saturday is a day of hope and a new tomorrow. :)

Comments

Popular Posts