Sunday Food Day: Hapi Cups


Since yesterday was Pasta Saturday, today is Sunday Food Day. After we attended Sunday mass at San Jose Parish, I asked my parents if we could eat out. And our nearest prime suspect to judge was Hapi Cups.

Hapi Cups is pretty much one of the best hang outs here in Navotas, most especially because it's located in front of San Jose Parish and San Jose Academy. It is also fully air conditioned and has an aura of vintage-y modern. Any student would surely be curious to step inside and try their amazing delicacies.


Before we go to our food judging, this cork board just really caught my attention from the moment we went in. I just had to take a picture of it. Sure, it's all random and maybe senseless but it just really caught my attention. And I'm one type of person that easily gets amused so, pardon me. :)


Okay, okay. I just HAD to take a picture of the cork board with that angle. It just amazed me how cool it looks in the picture. Yeah, I know... I have a shallow sense of happiness.



I'm also a big fan of framed quotes and the like so these just struck my attention and I just had to take a photo of it to share with you guys.


Did I mention I am also with my parents during this Sunday Food Day? Oh yeah.. I told you earlier that I dragged them into eating here.

Onward to the Food Judging portion of this Sunday Food Day!

#1: Baked Macaroni

This was the dish my mother told me to try. And this was actually my goal to eat here, especially because I love pasta. If you thought the baked zitti yesterday was fantabulous, this is aca-mazing! It may not have outstanding presentation, it was without a doubt a wonderful treat. My taste buds kept tingling for more.

#2: Mojos

Yes... Believe it or not, they call these mojos. Not the typical mojos you find at Shakey's but it does have pleasing taste. Maybe a little salty but that's what the water is for. It tasted more like potato... Fried and made into chips. But it's still delicious.

#3: Hotdog on Bun

It may look like it has too many mayo, but the mayo is worth it! The hotdog may be a little dried out but it's better toasted than raw, right? The cheese was an added plus to the dish as well. Really made my palate happy. Although this, I did not order. This was the order of my parents so I wasn't able to eat much. Just a slice.

#4: Cheeseburger

It may look plain and unappetizing but really, it's delicious. Do not judge a burger by its bun. The flavor is so much better, I swear. The sauce was exceptional and the burger patty was well-cooked. It kept me craving for more. But of course, I didn't have to eat more. I just wanted more. But I didn't NEED more.


#5: Sola Iced Tea: Raspberry

What would eating be without its drinks? But alas, I did not get to order any frappe or milk tea because my tummy was so full. So I just ordered a light (in some way) Sola Iced Tea. There were no Peach flavor so I had to take a risk and drink Raspberry. It tasted a bit like medicine but it was still good.




And because of the cork board filled with sticky notes earlier, I just had to have my own entry pinned up.


Hopefully, people would recognize that I've been there when they visit. When you spot this, you know who wrote it. ;)










Comments

Popular Posts