Play As One



Last night was a mind-blowing experience of epic proportion. I never thought I could have so much fun in my whole entire life. It was Fusion '16: ImagiNation on the Mall of Asia Concert Grounds during the 29th of January which started at 5 PM. I went with my good friend (and future band mate/bassist) Pampi and we both had a blast.

It wasn't just an ordinary concert. It was an extravagant festival! Sure, only few people arrived when it was still daylight but we felt adrenaline rise up our bodies as the evening went by. It's as if the moon had us on full and there's nothing we could do about it. Sure, there had been minor setbacks since there were times wherein it would drizzle but divine intervention had been kind to us a few times over and let the night sky dry from its raindrops.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better night. Let me just tell you the few of the many points on why it was, without a doubt, the best night of our lives (by far, this 2016).





One good fine point of last night was the Happee toothpaste mascot roaming around the whole concert grounds. It wasn't just one but maybe a dozen. I keep thinking behind my mind that they're multiplying but we just don't know it yet.

It was also a good for a laugh type of thing since Happee is one of the major sponsors of the Fusion and Pampi and I keep on seeing balloons, mascots and there is even a booth for it that gives out free long yellow balloons (which we weren't able to get but still...).





The stage is glorious. It would literally make you feel that you're in a music festival. Too bad we only got Bronze so we weren't too up and close to see it. But the good thing about Bronze is that you get more open space than Silver and Gold. (And besides, they have screens planted everywhere so wherever you go, you'll be able to see the performance)




To add up on that amazing feeling that we felt like we had the lot all to ourselves, I'll let you see the back of us. This was the whole space we had to ourselves (well, and a few people that also bought Bronze over Silver and Gold). Plus! There were food booths all around the side of the area. You'll never go hungry, I swear. (Also, just look at those people sitting on the side of the street. They look like they're not amused even though they have yellow long balloons wrapped on their heads. How good that must feel... To have a balloon but tricking everyone you're not happy with it)








The Juans performing first on the set list (and winning our hearts, while they're at it). They've definitely started our night with love-striking songs. I would gladly like to see them again if I ever have the chance. And oh! Did I mention? Pampi and I fangirled about them the whole night (up until today) because they are so awesome and they have amazing voices.

Honestly, we haven't heard of The Juans before (I've heard of them but never seen or heard them perform so I guess that doesn't count) but after seeing and hearing them perform, we got struck by their charm and we are now officially Juanistas!









Outrageously on-the-rise bands that have super weird names but super awesome voices and tunes like Benny Bunny Band (Kuneho Rock) and Flying Ipis (which is also amazing... Who would have known?). More-so, I've known BBB even before the Fusion because I found them on Facebook. They even performed Dear Laarni that I've heard previously from their Facebook page. It just goes to show that OPM is still up and alive until now. Awesome, right? And all along, I had thought OPM was going to sink. Surely, it's still on the rise.








There were also peeps with juice dispensers at their back... Most specifically, Tang juice. And the best part about this? THE JUICE IS FREE! I repeat... The juice is free! Therefore, we had as much as--I lost count--for the whole night. And because Pampi and I are under 18, we don't get free Tanduay. But that's okay... We have Tangduay (an inside joke we made throughout the music fest).

The Tang juice worked wonders for us though because after a few shots, we got mentally drunk. We felt drunk. Or maybe it was just adrenaline rush because it was our first time? Yep. Definitely, adrenaline rush.





Gracenote's multi-talented frontman, pianist, violinist, lead vocalist and also drummer, Eunice Jorge that literally swept everyone's feet off the floor with her charisma and multi-talented-ness. This, literally this, is what you call multiple threat. She got the beat working out for everyone and she's definitely the girl who nobody can ever beat.

Step away, guys! This girl's definitely got everything on her side. Gracenote overall is amazing. Hoping to be one of them someday (me and Pampi thought during the fest).





The cast of Rak of Aegis and literally AEGIS on stage!!! They performed, of course, their all time classics such as Ulan, Luha and so much more. Plus! This got everyone beaten up and ready to rock and roll. Pampi and I went bizarre and wild during this part of the music fest. We just had to because it was Aegis! Like, c'mon! Who doesn't know Aegis? And while we're at it, I'd like to talk about how my voice didn't crack during the high notes of the songs they sang... Pampi said maybe it was because of extreme adrenaline rush (and from the Tangduay hoho!) and it was absolutely worth it!





Trying to befriend that guy over there. You see that guy sitting in the middle of the road? (Like, literally in the middle of the road?) Yeah, we tried to befriend him. Well, not really after taking this photo but a few minutes later in the middle of the music fest. We saw him sitting rather at the back and listening to the music... Because previously, before seeing him on that road, I found him so awesome because he was alone during the fest and it was okay (or at least, that's what we thought since he had no one beside him... Maybe they met up in the middle of the music fest). And when I shared this to Pampi, she told me that she wanted to befriend him and I said I wanted the same. So I told Pampi he was sitting in that certain place because I saw him and she suggested that we sit next to him and try to befriend him.

And so we did. We sat next to him and surprisingly, he was friendly. We got to exachange smiles and waves but we weren't able to talk that much considering after a few minutes, he got text messages and left a few textbacks afterwards.

But it was okay. The mystery of that guy remains a mystery to all of us--even to me and Pampi. We didn't even get to introduce ourselves or ask his name... But really, it's okay. It would sure be nice to have been real good friends with him though. He seems really into OPM and music in general. But alas.. If it's not meant to happen, it's not meant to happen.









Epic selfies. And for this part of the post, I apologize to Pampi, if ever she sees this... These were the only selfies I had of you. So yeah. We didn't have much selfies on my phone or camera considering I trusted no one in the vicinity to hold my phone or camera for me (even though most people there were actually nice) so these were all we had. (Look at us, so haggard and full of adrenaline... See the difference between the two photos?)





Souvenirs that survived in my bag when we got home: First up is the actual Fusion ticket that, surprisingly, didn't rip apart in my bag after all the taking in and out of stuff. It stood tall and proud. Up next were the free samples of Happee toothpaste given by Happee employees with balloon backpacks that said: "Win Prizes" with the logo of Happee on it. And of course, for dinner, we ate Max's. Therefore, I had banana ketchup and a plastic of tissue stuffed in my bag since I don't put ketchup on my chicken. Together with that was a free Fusion pin (Pampi and I have matching pins) and it's so cool because it's matte and not glossy (my pin is currently pinned on my bag that's full of other pins). I also have the two Tang juice cups that we drank on through the night... (it was surprisingly cool that when I took it out my bag, it was uncrushed and even stacked together. I swear, I didn't do it. It just happened to be like that when I took it out. Cool, right? And strange.)

So yeah. That's just about it.
Hoping to come next year again though! This time, I'll try and have me some Silver or Gold experience so I can actually get near the stage and meet the bands up, close and personal. But the best thing that could ever happen next year is that we would be playing for Fusion ourselves. How awesome would that be, right?

You can never go too far but you can always dream.



Get to know more over here!
This is EingelClyg. ❤︎

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eingelclyg/
Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/imeingelcalayag
Twitter: https://twitter.com/eingelclyg
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/eingelclyg/
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/heygel
YouPic: https://youpic.com/photographer/eingelclyg

Comments

Popular Posts