Pueblo de Tambobong (Take Two!)



They say that Love is sweeter the second time around while I say Food is tastier the second time around. If you've read my previous review of Pueblo de Tambobong, I had mentioned that I was more than happy to come back for more. And come back for more we did! I told you guys that my parents would persuade me into coming back (and I wanted to come back for more myself). And I'd be more than happy to say that Pueblo de Tambobong is better than ever before (Even if it's only been like, a month since our last visit). It just goes to show that we do have to believe in second chances... Especially with food. Because food has all the chances in the world. Food will never let you down. And food is just right there when you need it--just like at Pueblo de Tambobong last night (and even tonight!)!

Pueblo de Tambobong has their very own scrumptious treat for all those couples out there (and maybe even family and friends out there) this Valentines' Day! They have unleashed a dinner buffet for this occasion, together with a live acoustic & string quartet music.

Why not treat those loved ones out there tonight (and hope it's not too late to get reservations)? This is perfect for all those couples out there that just want to eat and talk and feel the vibe of calm music.

But before we go to the music, I'd like to talk about the set up of the place especially for Valentines. They definitely went all the way, trust me! And if you could compare the pictures of the previous set up, you'd definitely think that they've prepared themselves especially for this Valentines' day.




Amazing, right? They definitely caught the look of five star fine dining for the exquisite food I've mentioned the last time together with the place mats, the spoon and forks and the flower and candle setup. If you ask me, from the moment I entered their gates last night, I thought we were stepping through a wedding reception and that we weren't informed (or invited) but when I looked at the people from the garden, they weren't wearing gowns or tuxedos... That was the time that I realized that the place wasn't preparing for a wedding... They were prepared for Valentines'! (A small face palm right here). It just seemed as if the place had a complete transformation. As mainstream as this next sentence I'm going to say may be, Love was truly in the air last night.








Now for their knick-knacks just on top of this one small antique table. I've noticed before a mug that stated that Pueblo de Tambobong was handled by a batch of Jamers... But look no more because that mug is gone! (Not literally gone... I am assuming they just kept it and used this frame to make it more formal) The thing you are going to see instead is this very nicely printed certificate-like frame that states what it states.

I also got to talk to a few of the owners since they were personally introduced to me. And wouldn't you believe what I heard--They saw the first blog post I had of Pueblo de Tambobong! I was deeply astonished and full of gratitude to think that my blog posts are going somewhere other than my pretty little Facebook page (that nobody hardly notices). They even shared it on their own Facebook page, which is just amazing. I was definitely lost for words last night. (Click here to see their post of my blog post)

Now, onward to the next thing I'm going to talk about!




This is the buffet table. The buffet table has numerous food in it. The buffet table is also nice to look at. The buffet table has red cloth on it. The buffet table. Okay, okay. So I have nothing much to say. I also don't want to spoon-feed all of you on what foods were served for last night because I want you guys to taste it for yourselves.




I'm not going to spoon-feed you with the appetizers and the main courses but I will talk to you about the dessert! (This is because I love ice cream and they served ice cream with Stick-o! And I just loooove Stick-o as well!) So it was a strawberry flavored ice cream, if I'm not mistaken, that was covered with chocolate syrup topped with two Stick-o sticks. It was a delightful treat, especially to people who just loooove ice cream (like me).




Oh, look! Complimentary dessert! More for me to talk about! Hmm, let's see... We have the ice cream (yay!) and the Stick-o's (yay even more!) and the fried leche flan (the best kind of leche flan I ever tasted!!!!) and the other one is I think banana? (which still deserves a "yay!") Overall, it was all of my favorite treats mixed together in one beautiful heaven on a plate. I could even come back here just to order the fried leche flans because they're just so good!




Now, finally, my favorite part! I've heard of bands in gigs for resto bars before but there's nothing better than going back to the basics (which is definitely what this whole restaurant is about, right?). I just love acoustic. If you'd look over to my cell phone playlist, you'd see only three types of music: a.) Instrumental, b.) Rock, RnB, Pop, Dance, EDM mixed together and, c.) Acoustic covers. I listen to this one kind of music because it just calms me down and soothes the mood. From angry me to calm and serene me real quick.




The saxophone is simply a winner. It was definitely a winner. You'd come to a resto bar at a simple night and see an acoustic live band and it's normal but when you see a saxophone player... It's definitely a winner. You don't get to see saxophone players in resto bars pretty often and hell, you don't even get to see a real saxophone often in real life! So this is definitely the prize-possession of Pueblo de Tambobong. I have no more words. This absolutely won my heart. I really appreciate this kind of music and I appreciate it that this restaurant appreciates it as well. People in here are just great.




As mentioned earlier, people in Pueblo de Tambobong are just great. Well, let me just say that they just got greater! This will maybe be my most sealed moment in my entire life. I've always dreamed in my younger years (when I was four to seven years old) to have performed in certain places, starting out small, and making it big. But this was absolutely different. This was the most amazing feeling I've ever had. Sure, I've performed in some places but I never really thought I gave my all in those performances. But last night, wow. I felt like a winner myself--not because people would notice I can actually sing but because I won myself some self-confidence boost. And that's all thanks to last night! (Even though I wasn't expecting it as well) Now I know what I'll look like a few years from now when music will take over and I'll be the one leading it (such big dreams... But as they say, When you want to dream, how about you dream big?)

Credits to Pueblo de Tambobong for the picture.




But of course, I wasn't the only star that shone last night. Like they say, The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. And I'm just an apple... Daddy is the tree. (insert laughter here) Let's just say that there would always be this kind of setup whenever Dad has the opportunity. Because unlike me, Dad is already an all-grown tree while I'm still the sprouting little seed. He has more confidence than I. He's sung from almost everywhere unknown so I wouldn't be surprised if he sang last night (which he did).




And of course, what would the night be without me greeting them all at Pueblo de Tambobong a Happy Valentines' Day? :) And yes, I was bored, that's why I was able to make this. I was with adults talking about adult stuff, what was I supposed to do right? I could have gone to the play room but I'm too big for that, so I did this (and a bunch of other hand-lettered stuff which was meant for another post)




Overall, I had a great and wonderful night. This was the best Pre-Valentines I've ever had! Many thanks to Pueblo de Tambobong for everything from last night! I'm still hoping we'll be back to eat and enjoy over there! Happy Valentines' Day! :)


Much love,
Eingel Calayag






Get to know more over here!
This is EingelClyg. ❤︎

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eingelclyg/
Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/imeingelcalayag
Twitter: https://twitter.com/eingelclyg
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/eingelclyg/
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/heygel
YouPic: https://youpic.com/photographer/eingelclyg


Also visit Pueblo de Tambobong's Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Tambobong2015/?fref=ts




Comments

Popular Posts