100th Anniversary Post!



Last Sunday, we were at Tagaytay. I just finished my conference with the Squirettes' of Mary Immaculate at Bali Village Resort and Spa (more info about the place here) so we were aching for somewhere to eat. Originally, we'd just randomly pick a place and get it over with but we bumped up to the place we were meant to be (It was destiny!). We went to 1st Colonial: Home of the Original Sili Ice Cream which was established in 2004.

At first, we weren't supposed to stay for long because the place got its electricity short-circuited. But because there was just the right table outside that could cool us down while eating, we decided to stay. And our decision wasn't bad at all.

We were not disappointed with the set of food offered to us:


#001 BAHAY KUBO SALAD


This amazing delight consists of 14 vegetables all from the song Bahay Kubo which is the traditional Filipino folk song about the vegetables planted near the nipa huts in our provinces. And just like the song states and what the picture shows, "...sa paligid-ligid ay puno ng linga". We were very amused especially because once the Bahay Kubo Salad was served, the staff was singing exactly the song Bahay Kubo itself. Clearly a brighten up the mood moment.


#002 TINAPA FRIED RICE


The second dish we ordered was the Tinapa Fried Rice which consisted of the fried rice, tomato slices, itlog na pula and tinapa bits. All I can say is that this dish is a taste sensation! Very satisfying. I give it a 9 out of 10!


#003 GINATAANG LANGKA


I can't say much about this dish because I barely even touched it. Sorry, but I'm not really a big fan of langka. But my family really enjoyed it, overall. It was a bit spicy and full of flavor. Really a great match with the tinapa fried rice.


#004 BICOLANA PASTA


This dish was ordered by my aunt while I ordered the Colonial Spaghetti (no need for a photo. It looks like a regularly ordered spaghetti). It consists of longganisa bits, olive oil and obviously lots of spices. What better way to represent Bicol than with chili stuffs, right?


#005 MEATY QUESADILLA 


And because I'm pretty much a big fan of quesadillas, I decided to order a plateful. This delight tastes like pepperoni pizza paste with liquid cheese topped with mango on top (if pleased). It's a wonderous adventure in the mouth.


#006 WEIRD BUT DELICIOUS ICE CREAM FLAVORS!





Thinking what might consist of these colorful ice creams? Well, you'd have to visit the place to find out their flavors yourself! I don't want to spoil you during your visit. All I can say is that never attempt the Level 3 of the sili ice cream if you can't take it. I swear, it's best to take the Level 2 because there's a certain kick with the chili there than the Level 1 wherein you won't feel a thing.

But if you're up for the challenge, level up that sili ice cream to 3! But dare I say, it will hurt to try. Yet experiencing it hands-on is better than secondary optioning.

Now before I leave you all to travel from Manila to Tagaytay or from anywhere else, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those who are continuously supporting my blog posts! I have reached my 100th Anniversary Post all thanks to you guys! And I won't stop making these as long as you guys are up for it. Thanks again and peace out!







Get to know more over here!
This is EingelClyg. ❤︎

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eingelclyg/
Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/imeingelcalayag
Twitter: https://twitter.com/eingelclyg
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/eingelclyg/
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/heygel
YouPic: https://youpic.com/photographer/eingelclyg

Comments

Popular Posts